When it comes to your heating system, the experts at Seasonal Heating & Air Conditioning can handle all your needs. Based in Portage, IN, we provide everything from furnace repair, replacement, and preventative maintenance to complete installation of boilers, water heaters, and more to residential and commercial customers throughout Northwest Indiana. You can rely on our team to keep your property warm.
Ensuring Your Comfort
Whether you need repairs or maintenance on your current furnace or are ready to upgrade to a new system, our professionals can handle it all. As a Carrier dealer, we install exceptional products and are dedicated to keeping your home or business warm.
If you’re worried your current boiler isn’t operating as well as it should be or are interested in installing a new boiler, we can help. Our team provides professional and dependable installation, repair, and maintenance for most boiler systems.
For reliable hot water in your home or business, a well-functioning water heater is a must. We offer trusted repair and maintenance services for optimal performance. If you’re looking to replace your current system, we also install Navian water heaters.
Geothermal systems offer a more efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly way to control the temperature of your home or business. For those interested, we provide reliable installation, repair, and maintenance for geothermal systems.
Sheet Metal Fabrication
To ensure that your heating system works as efficiently and effectively as possible, we offer sheet metal fabrication for custom ductwork to meet your home or business’s specific needs.
How Does a Boiler Work?
The primary purpose of a boiler is to transfer heat water or produce steam in order to heat a home. But how does that really work? While there are several types of boilers that all operate differently, they generally follow a similar process.
The Boiler Process
- Your thermostat senses a drop in temperature and signals the boiler to turn on.
- The boiler powers on, using either oil, gas, or electricity to create heat.
- Water inside the boiler is heated up.
- The heated water or steam is circulated throughout your home via radiators or radiant floor systems to warm the air.
- As the water cools or the steam condenses, it travels back to the boiler, where it is reheated and sent back out as it continues to heat your home.
- Once your home reaches the set temperature, your thermostat will signal the boiler to turn off.